This is a redesign of the 22 Special model using a more traditional approach to construction.
The specs for these builds are as follows:
- 22 frets – Jumbo stainless steel
- 24 3/4″ scale length (actual)
- Genuine Mahogany (swietenia macrophylla) bodies and necks
- Big Leaf and Hard maple bookmatched tops with natural edge/faux binding and matching headstock overlays
- Macassar and Gabon ebony fingerboards
- White mother-of-pearl and paua abalone fret marker inlays and truss rod cover logo’s
- Traditional set neck construction (mortise and tenon) with 3-piece neck laminate and carbon fiber reinforcement.
- Seymour Duncan pickups with nickel covers
- Hipshot tuning machines
- Tonepros bridges and tailpieces
- LMII double action welded truss rods
- 2 volume with push-pull coil split, 2 tone
- 3-way toggle pickup selector
The fretboard and neck joints will be secured with traditional hot hide glue
Redrawn images below show the new look to scale. I’ve also added a belly carve…
Also had to completely recreate the routing templates using to build the guitar.