OK, this will be the last Strat build that I will make a build blog for. I’m going to try and include as much detail as possible so that this thread could actually be used as a guide for someone wanting to build their own.
A note on Strat style builds: I will not sell a guitar that has a trademarked shape associated with it. In the case of Stratocasters, The body shape is public domain, but the headstock shape is trademarked by Fender. They own the rights to that shape and I wont infringe that by selling a guitar with their headstock shape. This build, as with my last, is for my own personal use and is not for sale.
The Specs for this build are as follows:
- One piece swamp ash body
- Rock maple neck with carbon fiber reinforcement rods and a dual action truss rod
- 22 fret East Indian rosewood fretboard
- Compound fretboard radius. 9.5″ to 12″
- Stainless steel jumbo frets
- White mother-of-pearl fretboard and side dot inlays
- Seymour Duncan single coil pickups (SSL-1 neck, SSL-1/RWRP middle, and SSL-5 bridge)
- 5 position blade switch
- CTS 250k audio taper pots
- Orange Drop .022 uF capacitor
- Gotoh hard tail bridge with string through body ferrules
- Transparent nitrocellulose lacquer tobacco burst finish
So without further ado, lets get started.